- Last Updated: 05 March 2019 05 March 2019
Greenhouse space is assigned on a first come, first served basis. Preference will be given to residents of the Town of Barnstable and repeat participants.
- A maximum of one full bench is available to individuals or families.
- Only organic pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers are permitted.
- Participants are responsible for monitoring the health of their plants.
- Diseased plants must be removed from the greenhouse and stored materials must be clean and disease free.
- If you bring a working hose into the greenhouse, whether you return it outside or leave it in the greenhouse please circle it neatly for the next person using it. Tangled hoses are frustrating and can lead to falls.
- Please do not change the hose set up. We are running numerous hoses to accommodate a number of gardens.
- Maintaining a system of working hoses is very challenging with numerous users. Please let us know if hoses are broken or leaking.
- Respect the space, materials and plants of others.
- Maintain a neat greenhouse.
- Electricity is not provided to the greenhouse benches. Participants may not adjust fans or other electrical mechanisms in the greenhouse.
- Only temporary and removable structures are permitted on the benches.
- Benches will be hooped and cover material will be provided by MHF for uniformity.
- Pets are not permitted in the greenhouse area.
This is a multi-use, unheated greenhouse. Participants grow at their own risk.
Participants are asked to accommodate programs that may be scheduled in the greenhouse area.
Disputes should be directed in writing to the MHF Board of Directors
MHF PO Box 330 W. Barnstable, MA 02668
For additional information:
Contact Barbara Ryshavy at email@example.com or 508-428-1956